AAA The jealous leper
(I mark my newest poems with AAA so they show easily up top) .
There was a man once
inflicted with miserable leprosy
his story, the mind it stuns
but such was his jealousy!
Came one day some angels to him
with mercy to heal his ailment
They inquired of his wish and whim
but were in for a shocking lament.!
The angels asked him as to whether
he wanted health restored, his disease healed
Replied the leper, 'he wanted neither
What he said hence, his jealousy revealed!
For he said, ''you needn't heal me, but instead
Inflict everyone else with my malady as well
let all of them lie loathed and deplored in bed,
as I've had to all these days like hell''!
The angels thus astounded simply returned to heaven
with neither healing him nor inflicting others
They still wonder from above the heavens O' seven
at how man envies his fellow brothers.
Ah envy is a fire that consumes n' exhumes thee most
far better for humans if they coveted not
Why want ye, haunt ye another's fortune
like some covetous malevolent ghost?
Therefore why at all covet
You haven't right to it unless it was your right, or was snatched
A fit of jealousy might make you regret
and to hell you may be dispatched.!
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AAA The jealous leper by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Home They Brought Her Warrior Dead, Alfred Lord Tennyson
Poem of the Day
- Touch Downs, Saiom Shriver
- Bethlehem, Saiom Shriver
- Beloved Brand, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- The Shadow, Benjamin Michael Clark
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I See You, See.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- have you seen my hand?, Mandolyn ...
- My Inspiration Are You, The Day I Saw You, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Azar, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ohio State, Saiom Shriver
- crowding around the crumbs you leave, Mandolyn ...