AAA The jealous leper
(I mark my newest poems with AAA so they show easily up top) .
There was a man once
inflicted with miserable leprosy
his story, the mind it stuns
but such was his jealousy!
Came one day some angels to him
with mercy to heal his ailment
They inquired of his wish and whim
but were in for a shocking lament.!
The angels asked him as to whether
he wanted health restored, his disease healed
Replied the leper, 'he wanted neither
What he said hence, his jealousy revealed!
For he said, ''you needn't heal me, but instead
Inflict everyone else with my malady as well
let all of them lie loathed and deplored in bed,
as I've had to all these days like hell''!
The angels thus astounded simply returned to heaven
with neither healing him nor inflicting others
They still wonder from above the heavens O' seven
at how man envies his fellow brothers.
Ah envy is a fire that consumes n' exhumes thee most
far better for humans if they coveted not
Why want ye, haunt ye another's fortune
like some covetous malevolent ghost?
Therefore why at all covet
You haven't right to it unless it was your right, or was snatched
A fit of jealousy might make you regret
and to hell you may be dispatched.!
S.zaynub Kamoonpuri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (AAA The jealous leper by S.zaynub Kamoonpuri )
- Offer with promises, hasmukh amathalal
- Morning Triku XXV, Steve Kittell
- My Pencil, Steve Kittell
- By The Thames as Late September Night Fa.., Shaun William Hayes
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Lost Star, Rabindranath Tagore
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(22 March 1941 -)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)