James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
A YEARLY PRIME MINISTER... APRIL 20TH,2013
A different prime minister should be appointed each year,
He/she should be an already elected provincial premier,
This could avoid party politicians selecting their own,
Even now, we can’t vote for them by name because it’s not shown.
Senators and Supreme Court judges should also be elected,
In order to establish that Canadians are protected,
From biased weird decisions made by questionable appointees,
Whose words are law and they don’t ever have to appease.
Mandatory set-date elections and compulsory voting too,
Could sidetrack a lot of expensive Ottawa hullabaloo,
A simple system of binding referendums should be formed,
So that all the people and politicians could stay reformed.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem