Chris G. Vaillancourt
A World Of Talkers
Sorry to interfere with you lunch hour,
but I felt it necessary to open your mind.
I spiked your cupcakes with reality.
You can call me a name if you want to.
Must be the time of the month.
Some liberated woman was yelling
at me for lighting her cigarette.
Seems she talks equality but not courtesy.
One of my teachers spoke to me of
purpose and papers. Told me the
marks I received and the degree I had earned
would make me a better person.
The man downtown in the unemployment line
knew more about real life than me.
This did not matter though, for I had
my University generated degree.
People speaking their silliness.
Taking every illusion seriously.
Speaking importantly about any
number of unimportant things.
Too many messages to absorb and read.
Into the depths of nothingness rides
the majority of us who are afraid
to speak our individual truths.
It seems as if I am wrong.
Or at least, not wise at all.
I was taught money was where it was at.
I shake my head in wonder.
I am wrong, for I care more for people
than the size of their bank accounts.
Chris G. Vaillancourt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Of Talkers by Chris G. Vaillancourt )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Mistletoe, Walter de la Mare
Poem of the Day
- Winterpoesie, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Love the Spine, V P Mahur
- Vergißmeinnicht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Loving Lips, V P Mahur
- Am Winterwehr, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Holy Night - Weihnacht, Johann Joseph Clahsen
- Rainbow & Sun, Luo Zhihai
- Your Possible Futures, Joseph Archer
- Winters Descent, Babbling Brookes