A World Gone Mad
In a world full of anger
the smallest shout can
shatter a mirrors reflection
into a thousand pieces of hurt.
While the DNA of a legend
reveals a startling thing
not expected by anyone.
Flames lick at people’s homes
while water rages around others
as we stand close to the abyss
hoping we don’t fall.
As wars rage somewhere
a lone figure on a rooftop
preaches that we should love all.
We live in a world gone mad
from following the wrong paths.
One day we may wake up
and the demons in our head
will have moved on
no longer troubling our soul
with their temptation reaches.
17 October 2013
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A World Gone Mad by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I am yours forever, gajanan mishra
- सिनायमोनि आंनि सिमांनि रजे, Bahadur Basumatary
- Wildly Into The Night, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Drunk poetry, Christian Lacdael
- Opportunities, Christian Lacdael
- COPLA 68 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Yes I Do, Lalit Kaira
- Wooden Footprints, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- New Migration Equilibriums Time Shift Es.., Terence G. Craddock
- bonnie to your clyde, Mandolyn ...