Geetima Baruah Sarma
One evening I sat alone
On the verandah
And looked up towards the sky.
All of a sudden,
A shooting star passed by.
I thought for a moment -
What shall I wish?
I wondered and wondered.
Then, a beautiful thought
Came to my mind.
I felt as if God said something
In my ears, silently.
I closed my eyes and wished -
Let there be no chaos
And confusion anywhere
But only happiness, love
And peace everywhere.
[Published: 20 March 2010 in 'feelings' column of 'Horizon', the Saturday supplement of 'The Assam Tribune']
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wish by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)