A Wisdom is a small compartment,
Yet forgiven for its smallness,
For does the tract entwine or the reading
Abide in the senses?
Some day a wise man offers
His support like another sage,
Loose fittings of clothing
Undermine the objective for he is wise.
The sage of the acts and translations,
Lives among the valleys of
The deep earth and soil of tummies
And stomachs that eat up facts.
Naveed Akram's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wisdom by Naveed Akram )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Church Woman (Saint in Progress), Doug Blair
- Invisible Monster, Dan Walker
- Dead Veg, Richard Lee
- House of Cards, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Flying Turtles, Richard Lee
- The Guaca-mole, Richard Lee
- Pop goes the Easel, Richard Lee
- Word of mouth from the people of audacio.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- House Spiders, Judith Vollmer
- Divine Bird, Somanathan Iyer