Ramesh T A
A Winning Shot!
Playing games children learn about competition;
Cut throat competition in politics make all mad!
But cooperation and coordination none cares....;
Life goes on as in competition for many in world!
Sans competition nothing seems to be interesting;
Vibrant life is felt when a competition is in swing!
Soccer and Cricket games bring such effects on...
And till the end no one seems to leave the ground!
Competition creates interest to fight to the last!
Victory comes to one who makes careful moves
As in Chess game that helps life to live wisely....
And achieve the goals to meet laurel at the end!
Chasing the target builds up tension till end comes;
Winning shot at the last stroke really starts bonfires!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Winning Shot! by Ramesh T A )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis