Ramesh T A
A Winning Shot!
Playing games children learn about competition;
Cut throat competition in politics make all mad!
But cooperation and coordination none cares....;
Life goes on as in competition for many in world!
Sans competition nothing seems to be interesting;
Vibrant life is felt when a competition is in swing!
Soccer and Cricket games bring such effects on...
And till the end no one seems to leave the ground!
Competition creates interest to fight to the last!
Victory comes to one who makes careful moves
As in Chess game that helps life to live wisely....
And achieve the goals to meet laurel at the end!
Chasing the target builds up tension till end comes;
Winning shot at the last stroke really starts bonfires!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Winning Shot! by Ramesh T A )
- Gods And Man, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- From 'Emancipation Of Women', Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- In Verona, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- In An Album, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- First Day of the Year, Translation of Pi.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- A coup failed, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Mature Laurel, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- We all Mourn, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Small Circle, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- The Past, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 45 Mercy Street, Anne Sexton
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)