A Wholphin's Song
This is my song,
TO THE SEA I BELONG:
I dream of the ocean,
And unlimited motion.
If only you knew,
I'm tired of my view.
I'd love to roam far and wide,
Oh, the joy to decide
Which rivers to navigate,
And choose my fate.
If I could catch my own dinner,
I'd feel like a winner.
How I'd dearly wish,
To chase sparkling fish.
To be able to explore,
What's on the sea floor,
See how far I can dive,
Feel truly alive.
To choose a date,
My own family create.
If I grew wings,
Perhaps I could have these things.
I would dare,
To soar through the air,
Land in the sea,
And cry, 'Yippee! '
Please set me free,
Listen to my plea.
Let your heart feel this song:
TO THE SEA I BELONG.
Stephen Katona's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wholphin's Song by Stephen Katona )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Mute Swan, Phil Soar
- Back Pockets, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- TENSED ACKNOWLEDEMENT, john chizoba vincent
- The Fly, Phil Soar
- Story Of Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sea, Phil Soar
- A Prayer For My Love, Michael P. McParland
- Watch UFC 183 Free Online Live Stream: S.., Kala John
- Drumming Senses, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Lips Of Lies, RoseAnn V. Shawiak