A View Of Heaven
He took me in his arms last night
And carried me to heaven's door,
With just one kiss it opened wide,
As angels bade us come inside
I clung to the one I adore
Last night my love showed me heaven,
Celestial orbs floated on air,
Flowers were strewn across the floor
Like seashells on a lucent shore,
I've not seen a venue so rare!
Heaven was in full view last night
As I inhaled all the beauty,
Lending a glow to this grand night
Were angels wrapped in robes of white...
Teasing... with a sense of duty
I've never seen heaven before,
I've never heard a divine hymn,
I beheld wonders everywhere...
Fragrance of jasmine in the air...
Every tree had a flowered limb
All vanished now.... that sacred view,
Once again, breathing earth's rank air,
Once more, vistas tinged with grief,
I look to heaven for relief....
Only his love can take me there
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A View Of Heaven by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- season of fall autumn, binod bastola
- Coming to you I said, gajanan mishra
- Smell the RosesT, Bill Cantrell
- I Invited You To Visit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A New Freedom, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Bluened Tones, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Thirst, Aufie Zophy
- Enchanting Essence And Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Y/.. Much more, Aufie Zophy
- Awaiting Universe Claims A Seconds Thought, Terence G. Craddock