A View Of Heaven
He took me in his arms last night
And carried me to heaven's door,
With just one kiss it opened wide,
As angels bade us come inside
I clung to the one I adore
Last night my love showed me heaven,
Celestial orbs floated on air,
Flowers were strewn across the floor
Like seashells on a lucent shore,
I've not seen a venue so rare!
Heaven was in full view last night
As I inhaled all the beauty,
Lending a glow to this grand night
Were angels wrapped in robes of white...
Teasing... with a sense of duty
I've never seen heaven before,
I've never heard a divine hymn,
I beheld wonders everywhere...
Fragrance of jasmine in the air...
Every tree had a flowered limb
All vanished now.... that sacred view,
Once again, breathing earth's rank air,
Once more, vistas tinged with grief,
I look to heaven for relief....
Only his love can take me there
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A View Of Heaven by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns