Mark R Slaughter
A Vampire’s Bite
Please, not the blood of mine!
Under clouds of black and grey,
Harpoons of lightning strike:
Fangs white – delight of fright!
My life is now to pay.
Drink up! and savour please
Mine guest, my pleasure be.
Possessed - your spell now takes –
My mind in change of state,
Me thanks, for now I’m free.
Copyright Mark R Slaughter 2009
Mark R Slaughter's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Vampire’s Bite by Mark R Slaughter )
- A Spray of Water: Tanka [one narcissus], Chimako Tada
- And water lies plainly, Laurie Sheck
- Three Little Words, Adam Wilson
- Smile 1, Suresh Dogra
- Inertia of Mind, Aftab Alam
- Page By Page, Katherine Perry
- Break pen, hasmukh amathalal
- Water, Robert Lowell
- Soaking Up Essence Of Meaning, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Full interest, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)