A UNIVERSAL WONDER
October 10,2013 at 11: 24pm
Relaxed on a motionless summer's eve,
I breathe in the stillness of the night.
The twinkeling stars wink at me from the Universe.
I am at peace.
A tiny glimmer of light catches my vision,
On, off, on. off..
Quietly I lay watching as,
The light draws nearer,
Brighter now, but still flickering
On, off, on, off...
Nature sends me an allie,
No words need to be spoken,
Yet we graciously acknowledge each other.
I the perfect hostess share a few precious moments together with my most welcome guest.
As my allie journeys off into the distance,
My eyes flutter a kind adieu,
As the firefly slowly disappear,
Flickering, on off, on off.
..................................... ............ Cambridge Keenan...feb 1990
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A UNIVERSAL WONDER by Cambridge Keenan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Man, Victor Kretzie
- Again, Joseph Archer
- the business of cuisine, oskar hansen
- For You And I, Edward Kofi Louis
- Crucifixion of th' Soul..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Beware Of Mankind, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bigtha, Edward Kofi Louis
- Love Me Girl, Joseph Archer
- One Christmas Eve From The North..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Neryah, Edward Kofi Louis