A UNIVERSAL WONDER
October 10,2013 at 11: 24pm
Relaxed on a motionless summer's eve,
I breathe in the stillness of the night.
The twinkeling stars wink at me from the Universe.
I am at peace.
A tiny glimmer of light catches my vision,
On, off, on. off..
Quietly I lay watching as,
The light draws nearer,
Brighter now, but still flickering
On, off, on, off...
Nature sends me an allie,
No words need to be spoken,
Yet we graciously acknowledge each other.
I the perfect hostess share a few precious moments together with my most welcome guest.
As my allie journeys off into the distance,
My eyes flutter a kind adieu,
As the firefly slowly disappear,
Flickering, on off, on off.
..................................... ............ Cambridge Keenan...feb 1990
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A UNIVERSAL WONDER by Cambridge Keenan )
- Child Inside, Soumita Sarkar Ray
- G.M. Soldier (still fighting that war wi.., michael walkerjohn
- Imagination, Phil Soar
- Halloween tonight, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Wall @ penn-mar 91732, michael walkerjohn
- Life's Canon, michael walkerjohn
- Platypus, Phil Soar
- Grass, sallam yassin
- For Whatever its Worth, michael walkerjohn
- This Is Me, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- luggage canada, rwetewrt erwtwer
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(24 October 1923 – 20 December 1997)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)