A UNIVERSAL WONDER
October 10,2013 at 11: 24pm
Relaxed on a motionless summer's eve,
I breathe in the stillness of the night.
The twinkeling stars wink at me from the Universe.
I am at peace.
A tiny glimmer of light catches my vision,
On, off, on. off..
Quietly I lay watching as,
The light draws nearer,
Brighter now, but still flickering
On, off, on, off...
Nature sends me an allie,
No words need to be spoken,
Yet we graciously acknowledge each other.
I the perfect hostess share a few precious moments together with my most welcome guest.
As my allie journeys off into the distance,
My eyes flutter a kind adieu,
As the firefly slowly disappear,
Flickering, on off, on off.
..................................... ............ Cambridge Keenan...feb 1990
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A UNIVERSAL WONDER by Cambridge Keenan )
- Lust u me nu meneer, Madrason writer
- Depression, Alesia Leach
- Seashore Gratitude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Path Of The King, vince gullaci
- The Present, bryan wallace
- Vieze oren, Schone ogen, Madrason writer
- The Purple Lady., Achill Ladd
- My World, Douglas ClearyMaxwell
- Just Write It, Mark R. Elias
- A PHOTOGRAPH OF MYSELF AT AGE TEN, TAKEN.., NICHOLAS CAMPBELL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns