A UNIVERSAL WONDER
October 10,2013 at 11: 24pm
Relaxed on a motionless summer's eve,
I breathe in the stillness of the night.
The twinkeling stars wink at me from the Universe.
I am at peace.
A tiny glimmer of light catches my vision,
On, off, on. off..
Quietly I lay watching as,
The light draws nearer,
Brighter now, but still flickering
On, off, on, off...
Nature sends me an allie,
No words need to be spoken,
Yet we graciously acknowledge each other.
I the perfect hostess share a few precious moments together with my most welcome guest.
As my allie journeys off into the distance,
My eyes flutter a kind adieu,
As the firefly slowly disappear,
Flickering, on off, on off.
..................................... ............ Cambridge Keenan...feb 1990
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A UNIVERSAL WONDER by Cambridge Keenan )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Poem of the Day
- I Couldn't Hold On Your Hands!, Geetha Jayakumar
- An Apple Of Love!, Geetha Jayakumar
- My Astrological Calculations Just For Fun!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Forever Love, Luo Zhihai
- Love Note 17, Michael P. McParland
- Osho, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant