A Tribute to My Best Friend
Here is a tribute to my best friend,
Whom I've known for nearly ten years,
Here are the reasons I love him,
In the Greek philia sort of way.
My best friend and I met in fourth grade,
His name was Peter Triezenberg.
We discovered we had similar interests,
And we were best friends ever since.
At the time, we were into video games,
Mario Bros. and Pokemon,
Nintendo and its games,
The Legend of Zelda,
Girls and their interests,
And talking in general.
All the time when I met him,
Pete was into reading lots of books,
But I, however, abhorred them,
For I could not comprehend them at all.
But then Pete, the good ol' guy,
Took a book and shoved it in my face.
'Read this, ' he said;
'You'll like it, or otherwise I'll tear
Your throat out.'
After all, Mr Amante had DEAR,
(Drop Everything and Read)
and he was sick of me slacking off,
So Pete had a point,
And I listened to him intently.
After that, I loved reading,
And my speed sped up over time,
And my comprehension became better,
And it was all thanks to Pete.
I read lots of books for the first time,
Like 'Eragon' and 'Harry Potter, '
And I loved all of them when I
Read them for the first time.
Peter was also a therapist,
A great listener at that;
He helped me with my problems
Whenever I was down.
I helped him with his problems, too,
Whenever he was forlorn,
I felt ultimately bad for him,
So I listened to and helped him
As much as I possibly could.
He was my 'bro' in Scouting,
For we were in the same group,
We advanced together and saw the years,
As time kept passing us by.
Then I became an Eagle Scout,
And Peter congratulated me,
We hugged for the very first time,
And we promised each other brotherhood.
This is why I like Peter,
For he is a good friend to me,
I will always be there for him,
And he'll always be there for me.
Thanks, Pete, for all you've done.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute to My Best Friend by Justin Reamer )
- Love Speaks in Silence, Paul Sebastian
- The Ideal Wife, Paul Sebastian
- Then ever it would really you are not e.., Yuri Starostin
- Judicially, hasmukh amathalal
- ACCENT, Terry Collett
- Passion, Suresh Dogra
- Joy and peace, gajanan mishra
- Light, Suresh Dogra
- No purpose yet, hasmukh amathalal
- A Bit of Clarity- Finally, Andy Caldwell
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Parody on “A Psalm of Life”, Oliver Wendell Holmes
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Oh, the places you'll go!, Adens Kamwi
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Our Life and Four Seasons, Vasco M. Resendes
- The Unborn, Sharon Olds
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)