A Tribute to My Best Friend
Here is a tribute to my best friend,
Whom I've known for nearly ten years,
Here are the reasons I love him,
In the Greek philia sort of way.
My best friend and I met in fourth grade,
His name was Peter Triezenberg.
We discovered we had similar interests,
And we were best friends ever since.
At the time, we were into video games,
Mario Bros. and Pokemon,
Nintendo and its games,
The Legend of Zelda,
Girls and their interests,
And talking in general.
All the time when I met him,
Pete was into reading lots of books,
But I, however, abhorred them,
For I could not comprehend them at all.
But then Pete, the good ol' guy,
Took a book and shoved it in my face.
'Read this, ' he said;
'You'll like it, or otherwise I'll tear
Your throat out.'
After all, Mr Amante had DEAR,
(Drop Everything and Read)
and he was sick of me slacking off,
So Pete had a point,
And I listened to him intently.
After that, I loved reading,
And my speed sped up over time,
And my comprehension became better,
And it was all thanks to Pete.
I read lots of books for the first time,
Like 'Eragon' and 'Harry Potter, '
And I loved all of them when I
Read them for the first time.
Peter was also a therapist,
A great listener at that;
He helped me with my problems
Whenever I was down.
I helped him with his problems, too,
Whenever he was forlorn,
I felt ultimately bad for him,
So I listened to and helped him
As much as I possibly could.
He was my 'bro' in Scouting,
For we were in the same group,
We advanced together and saw the years,
As time kept passing us by.
Then I became an Eagle Scout,
And Peter congratulated me,
We hugged for the very first time,
And we promised each other brotherhood.
This is why I like Peter,
For he is a good friend to me,
I will always be there for him,
And he'll always be there for me.
Thanks, Pete, for all you've done.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tribute to My Best Friend by Justin Reamer )
- Submission of Poem, Vera Sidhwa
- The Hungry, Randy McClave
- You are not changed, ramesh rai
- The Poet called Light, Light Mark
- Stripes, Mike Acker
- Rocks like Milky Ways, Mikey Bachman
- Opportunities, Peter S. Quinn
- We Should Be Glad, Blu 1 Blu 1 (Rio de Janeiro)
- An Agreement To End Stupidity, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- On the other side of known reality, Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)