Every branch shaking, shifting, and falling in the icy wind,
A tiny leaf at the very end holds strong,
Why am I here, questioning wondering waiting, for that final pulse that will blow him down?
But in that tree was a force, a force of life, a force of strength, a force unmatched by the icy wind.
That tree was a young tree, a tree that never crossed roots with wild bushes,
Bore fruits desired by many, tasted by few and discarded by the very planter,
Questioning why am I here, questioning is this the only way,
Now the broken branch begins to fall, now this tree was not very tall,
No other tree was like this tree, this tree was special,
This tree was alone,
This tree was bearing the strain of an icy wind,
Just as the branch had hit the ground there was silence all around a calm in the drifting storm
Now this was rare, a tree this young, a tree this strange, a neglected tree, a tree with shallow roots, a tree with hollow bark had survived the storm.
Questioning why me?
This tree was a lonely tree, this tree knew he would grow strong, weak body strong thoughts kept the tree unmoved on broken paths.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tree by Emmanuel Mohanlall )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Moonlight In Abraka, Humphrey Bryant
- Levitation is Nothing New, Clayton Van Schaack
- Morning Song, Pijush Biswas
- Nightfall, Humphrey Bryant
- Directions Of Magical Avenues, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sackcloth and Ashes, Matthew Buck
- In memoriam, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- The Price Of Dreams, Sean Lux
- Simply Spoken I Am Not A Poet, Heather Burns
- A Wishing Star, Asma Riaz Khan