A Treasured Gift
You are a treasured gift, to the world and to me,
You are as a jewel to behold,
So precious in every way,
So handsome and delicious,
How we longed for one anothers company,
I recall your messages of fear...where are you? , you would say..
That made me feel so special and desired, wanted, you seeking my face,
I saved all our conversations because they are precious moments that I cherish with my whole heart.
I miss you Poe, I miss your words, and your soothing voice on the phone,
I miss your presence, all that you are,
I miss everything about you...
I love you whle heartedly.
Thank you for spending time with me,
Thank you for encouraging words you placed in my heart.
I thank you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge,
Thank you for building me up buttercup,
I thank you for loving me, even for a wee while,
I had such fun with you,
We were so good together, those were your words.
Long term said you, do you recall
You are the most thrilling of all,
Oh what dreams we shared, what fantasies,
What a riot you are,
Ever cracking me up with your humor! !
Making me want you more and more,
You are such a goofball, you wrecked my surprise party for you,
I don't know why I scare you...LOL
Your the cutest, silliest, brillant man I have met to date,
Online feasting, oh how wanton I remain for some face time with you,
To sit together and share scenerios and plot out schemes for stories,
The lives we could touch together with our gifts and talents,
The happiness we bring one another...is amazing,
I shall always love you Poe,
Your the best thing that ever happen to me...
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Treasured Gift by Cambridge Keenan )
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- National Festival, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- I Must Make Preparations, Kyle Schlicher
- Aftermath…, LALITHA JOSEPH
- THE FUNERAL RAM, john chizoba vincent
- I Am Tired Before My Time, Kyle Schlicher
- If I Could, Michael McParland
- The Running Wheel Of Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Meaningless, timeless...., refilwe ranape
- The colours of the sky, Gianfranco Aurilio
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)