Bazi alis Subrata Ray
A Token Of Friendship
Like sudden opening of fountain spring,
Unasked your friendship comes and rings,
And bridges my island to your distant land,
Proves the God-gifted bliss, in life’s strand.
So I hail you, with the best in me,
On faith and empathy, friend we be,
This tie, if God wishes, will perpetuate,
And in the province of eternity, it would be set.
I am sorry to say that, friendship often brings sorrow,
To day’s friend turns an enemy tomorrow.
Often some one plays here a cunning trick,
The gall of the mind appears in face, gentle and meek.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Token Of Friendship by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- EVIL'S INEVITABLE, FAST, AND FREE FALL, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Doomed, Kyle Schlicher
- Memory Without Remorse, Kyle Schlicher
- Question Answered, Kyle Schlicher
- Spearmint Leaves, Saiom Shriver
- THIS LIFE IS UP-SIDE-DOWN هذه الحياة متك.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Islands of Flowers, Marilyn Lott
- Home-makers, Dr Deena Padayachee
- I APOLOGIZE FOR YOU, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- On your toe, shubham sutar