Bazi alis Subrata Ray (January / Formerly East Pahistan)
A Token Of Friendship
Like sudden opening of fountain spring,
Unasked your friendship comes and rings,
And bridges my island to your distant land,
Proves the God-gifted bliss, in life’s strand.
So I hail you, with the best in me,
On faith and empathy, friend we be,
This tie, if God wishes, will perpetuate,
And in the province of eternity, it would be set.
I am sorry to say that, friendship often brings sorrow,
To day’s friend turns an enemy tomorrow.
Often some one plays here a cunning trick,
The gall of the mind appears in face, gentle and meek.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
- 150th Birth Anniversary Of Swami Vivekan...
- A Propose
- A Devotee’s Prayer.
- A Draught Of Nectar From Lotus Feet.
- A dummy’s cry with painted heart!
- A Farewell
- A Father's Appeal To His Daughters. -new-
- A Feeling
- A Fourtunate Father With His New Daughte...
- A Friend’s Gift.
- A Glimpse Of Love, -Dedicated To Chitra ...
- A Gratitude Of Love To, -A Great Soul.
- A Great Poetess' Birth Day, -To Theresa ...
- A Jump into Love
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.