To the loss of testimony—
And to the awakening of reason!
Raise that glass!
To a godless future,
To a life of uncertainty—
To a celebration of earthly days!
To the myths of forbidden fruit,
And supposed moral order!
To the forsaking of collection plates!
To the hell that was only imaginary—
The fires, the brimstone, Satan's imps, et cetera—!
To hedonism, to selfishness, and to poisons in our blood!
Jeff Gangwer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Toast by Jeff Gangwer )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Poem of the Day
- Reflecting Mistakes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- East Wind, Madathil Nair
- Priceless Worth, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Something They Couldn't Steal Away, Spiritwind Wood
- Sweet Sighs, Leria Hawkins
- Goodnight Sweet Kira 3, Michael P. McParland
- The Origin of Words, Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Prerna, Inspiration/ A Cup of Coffee .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Villain I, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I.H.Rizvi, Bijay Kant Dubey