Lenny Orlando Camacho
'Fill my glass to the brink, good man bartender'
'This is the last one I serve tonight, for you or anybody else'
'Look at this amberish beauty'
I said as I handed the money
'One day so much beauty will kill you, my man'
He said placing a hand on my hand
'Your advice comes a little late, since I'm already gone'
I said looking into the tender's eyes
then I just walked away
He took the drink in his hand and lifted it to a toast
'For those who have died of love'
I just repeated under my breath
'I'm already gone'
Lenny Orlando Camacho's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Toast by Lenny Orlando Camacho )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- beautiful girl nice face, lee fones
- Let's Have A Party!, mary douglas
- Another Day, Another Dawn, Jenn Toner
- Courage, Jenn Toner
- A Symbol Of Hope, Jenn Toner
- To Those Who Grieve, Jenn Toner
- I Am Always With You, Jenn Toner
- I Am Not There, Jenn Toner
- An Angel For A Friend, Jenn Toner
- Hobble About Lame, Richard Thripp