A to Z
Alone in the world,
Betrayed by those who cared.
Damaging our future.
Excitement was felt;
Forgotten over time...
Guilt set in,
Hatred came after.
Irresponsibility took over.
Judgment was felt, all around us.
“Kids will be kids”...
Misery was our company...
One simple mistake...
Perfection was what we strived for,
Quitting was our answer.
Rationality was no longer felt.
Soullessness soon replaced simplicity.
Truth was forgotten...
Useless as before.
Variety and spontaneity
Were thrown out the door.
Xeric was the land, forgotten to the world.
Youthful and plain.
Zero emotions were ever felt again as eternity quickly faded.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A to Z by Corey Jones )
- A Good Heart Needs No Book Smarts, Curtlan Popo
- Allowing Sweetened Romance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Wonder, shafeeqrahman rahman
- Disguised, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shuffling, ramesh rai
- Clouds., Harold R Hunt Sr
- The whooper, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The flood., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I can't sleep at night., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Matter Has No Matter, Curtlan Popo
Poem of the Day
- The Rider, Naomi Shihab Nye
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Naomi Shihab Nye
(12 March 1952)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)