A to Z
Alone in the world,
Betrayed by those who cared.
Damaging our future.
Excitement was felt;
Forgotten over time...
Guilt set in,
Hatred came after.
Irresponsibility took over.
Judgment was felt, all around us.
“Kids will be kids”...
Misery was our company...
One simple mistake...
Perfection was what we strived for,
Quitting was our answer.
Rationality was no longer felt.
Soullessness soon replaced simplicity.
Truth was forgotten...
Useless as before.
Variety and spontaneity
Were thrown out the door.
Xeric was the land, forgotten to the world.
Youthful and plain.
Zero emotions were ever felt again as eternity quickly faded.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A to Z by Corey Jones )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Tomorrow, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Appreciating God, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Exceptional Gifts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None Sweeter, Michael McParland
- The First-poem Writers of Indian English.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Old man Standing, michael hagwood
- Angelwalk 1, Mr. Spock
- From the rooms, Tom Squires
- stop talking to me, m. l. eoff
- A Lover of A Muslim Girl Am I, Bijay Kant Dubey