A Timid Intrest
Dear one whose strength I admire,
I must admit closeness with you I desire.
I hear rumors of mistakes you have made,
And they do cause my heart to fade.
For reasons I can't explain,
Even if they are vain,
My heart has chosen for you to care,
And I must admit I find you fair.
But another might have come and loved you first,
And in this area of life I do find I feel cursed.
To know he may have held you in passion,
And eyed you dressed in the current fashion.
I doubt I would compare to him in love,
Are you no longer a white dove?
Should I carry on my feelings and wait?
No, I will simply have to trust in fate.
But I'll wonder why it was not I.
I try to keep a pure eye,
And not let you become and object in my mind,
But I know these answers I will not find.
So friend is the term I will give you now,
To express my feelings, I wouldn't know how.
But I see you and I see me,
And I think happy together we'd be.
I'll pray and I'll ponder the possibility,
Even if I feel it is futility.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Timid Intrest by Andrew Hinton )
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(c. 600 BCE)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Whatever The Outcome, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- I'm Scared Without You, Michael P. McParland
- Stars, Jordan Myrie
- farewell; to the lost love, ademola oluwabusayo
- I'll Always, Michael P. McParland
- Have Faith, Michael P. McParland
- Grace Me, Michael P. McParland
- farewell 'to the winter solders that los.., ademola oluwabusayo
- Soul, Jordan Myrie
- Goodnight Prayer(For You), Michael P. McParland