A Timid Intrest
Dear one whose strength I admire,
I must admit closeness with you I desire.
I hear rumors of mistakes you have made,
And they do cause my heart to fade.
For reasons I can't explain,
Even if they are vain,
My heart has chosen for you to care,
And I must admit I find you fair.
But another might have come and loved you first,
And in this area of life I do find I feel cursed.
To know he may have held you in passion,
And eyed you dressed in the current fashion.
I doubt I would compare to him in love,
Are you no longer a white dove?
Should I carry on my feelings and wait?
No, I will simply have to trust in fate.
But I'll wonder why it was not I.
I try to keep a pure eye,
And not let you become and object in my mind,
But I know these answers I will not find.
So friend is the term I will give you now,
To express my feelings, I wouldn't know how.
But I see you and I see me,
And I think happy together we'd be.
I'll pray and I'll ponder the possibility,
Even if I feel it is futility.
Andrew Hinton's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Timid Intrest by Andrew Hinton )
- Versatility is a unique quality!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Paper slip, hasmukh amathalal
- SHADES OF LOVE, sherif monem
- A Shoulder to Weep, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Help me I am here, Dustin Hardin
- Into your kingdom, hasmukh amathalal
- High rise, hasmukh amathalal
- Before Death, Ajaeyy Raaj
- the toothless Tiger Dynasties, veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- The Spray, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)