A Timid Intrest
Dear one whose strength I admire,
I must admit closeness with you I desire.
I hear rumors of mistakes you have made,
And they do cause my heart to fade.
For reasons I can't explain,
Even if they are vain,
My heart has chosen for you to care,
And I must admit I find you fair.
But another might have come and loved you first,
And in this area of life I do find I feel cursed.
To know he may have held you in passion,
And eyed you dressed in the current fashion.
I doubt I would compare to him in love,
Are you no longer a white dove?
Should I carry on my feelings and wait?
No, I will simply have to trust in fate.
But I'll wonder why it was not I.
I try to keep a pure eye,
And not let you become and object in my mind,
But I know these answers I will not find.
So friend is the term I will give you now,
To express my feelings, I wouldn't know how.
But I see you and I see me,
And I think happy together we'd be.
I'll pray and I'll ponder the possibility,
Even if I feel it is futility.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Timid Intrest by Andrew Hinton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I don't know what to think of it, shubham sutar
- you lives in me, shubham sutar
- I broke your heart, shubham sutar
- I APOLGIZE FOR YOU انا بعتذرلك, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- art uncle jude, binod bastola
- happy birthday to you, shubham sutar
- Flying together, Nalini Chaturvedi
- fight back for you, shubham sutar
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax