A Tide of Thought
Lost in an Internet of time -
Drifting in a drivel of dreams,
A tide of thought leaps up and breaks
When sun sickles to sea, sending
Shivers corrugating a sheet of glass
As a warbler tickles the brain with
A thousand different songs fossilizing
Feathers in flight.
Now, the blood skates in straws
And sucks at a scab of a memory
Buried in a pyramid of bones.
Robert Dummett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Tide of Thought by Robert Dummett )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Your, Umasree Raghunath
- coal on the asphalt, a mile away, Mandolyn ...
- Jostled here and there, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Over the seas Over the waves, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Reunion, Umasree Raghunath
- Over The Edge Over The Slippery Ledges, Emmanuel George Cefai
- World War One, P.D. Turner
- The Poet-Seer irresistible, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Slow Fast But sure, Emmanuel George Cefai
- My Mocking Jay, Aaron Waingrow