Marvin Brato Sr
In a blink of light my conscience is awake.
My senses open yet what is there to take?
Into my understanding I seek for something,
A reason for which makes life truly worth living.
Life seems magical exhibits myriad wonders,
No carnal being has measured as he ponders.
In this world of tribulations, is there still hope?
Is life destined to damnation, a fact we cannot cope?
On whose plan was this existence created?
Surely it must of great power that dominated!
A thought of a super Being may come to mind,
Or Someone out there, a God who mastermind!
The bible has attested we are created in His image,
The likeness of Him marked our presence to this age.
Just to think of the vastness of creations I witness to see,
I thought of God as the Master of everything including me!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought by Marvin Brato Sr )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Watch Free [28th] WWE Royal Rumble 2015 .., Noah Hariss
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns