Marvin Brato Sr
In a blink of light my conscience is awake.
My senses open yet what is there to take?
Into my understanding I seek for something,
A reason for which makes life truly worth living.
Life seems magical exhibits myriad wonders,
No carnal being has measured as he ponders.
In this world of tribulations, is there still hope?
Is life destined to damnation, a fact we cannot cope?
On whose plan was this existence created?
Surely it must of great power that dominated!
A thought of a super Being may come to mind,
Or Someone out there, a God who mastermind!
The bible has attested we are created in His image,
The likeness of Him marked our presence to this age.
Just to think of the vastness of creations I witness to see,
I thought of God as the Master of everything including me!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought by Marvin Brato Sr )
- shadow of life, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Obstacle Race, anujan raja
- Death wish, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Through crisis, hasmukh amathalal
- Beyond the curve, SALINI NAIR
- Hold Your Zip, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Swans (Haiku), Toshie Nohara
- Parents need good parenting., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Without a Knife You Can Kill, Toshie Nohara
- Always under a shadow, SALINI NAIR
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)