Marvin Brato Sr
In a blink of light my conscience is awake.
My senses open yet what is there to take?
Into my understanding I seek for something,
A reason for which makes life truly worth living.
Life seems magical exhibits myriad wonders,
No carnal being has measured as he ponders.
In this world of tribulations, is there still hope?
Is life destined to damnation, a fact we cannot cope?
On whose plan was this existence created?
Surely it must of great power that dominated!
A thought of a super Being may come to mind,
Or Someone out there, a God who mastermind!
The bible has attested we are created in His image,
The likeness of Him marked our presence to this age.
Just to think of the vastness of creations I witness to see,
I thought of God as the Master of everything including me!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought by Marvin Brato Sr )
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mind's Highway, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- While The World Is Asleep, Kewayne Wadley
- Songs For Harmony By Stephen Gill, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Aleksandra, Thomas Bates
- Contained Essence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It's The Noise, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)