Marvin Brato Sr
In a blink of light my conscience is awake.
My senses open yet what is there to take?
Into my understanding I seek for something,
A reason for which makes life truly worth living.
Life seems magical exhibits myriad wonders,
No carnal being has measured as he ponders.
In this world of tribulations, is there still hope?
Is life destined to damnation, a fact we cannot cope?
On whose plan was this existence created?
Surely it must of great power that dominated!
A thought of a super Being may come to mind,
Or Someone out there, a God who mastermind!
The bible has attested we are created in His image,
The likeness of Him marked our presence to this age.
Just to think of the vastness of creations I witness to see,
I thought of God as the Master of everything including me!
Marvin Brato Sr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought by Marvin Brato Sr )
- India, Connie Marcum Wong
- A Counter Revolution in Cuba, Deborah Eker
- Pure love, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Man's Hat, Darren David Weaver
- tonight i write you with one sock on, Mandolyn ...
- useless poets, Is It Poetry
- i dropped us and you were glass, Mandolyn ...
- The Typewriter, Patrick van der Loos
- Friday Night For The Writer, Patrick van der Loos
- eternal fire, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)