Manifestation. As if there aren't enough in the world.
Fresh and new. A phoenix born from the ashes.
A collage of past, present, future. Hopeful.
Like an abandoned Church's bell; ignored by most.
Some stop and listen, remain unaffected by the ringing.
But innocence and ignorance, hand in hand, do hear it.
And they walk into the old Church. Once crowded.
Once over-flowing pews are now cobwebs and shades.
Tossed aside as society floated away. Morphing alone.
Crouching in the shadows. Growing silently. Hidden.
Hidden until it is whispered and carried by the breeze.
All the mockingbirds are singing it.
Political heartbreak. Emotional anarchy.
But lynching offers no Death.
Burying offers no Suffocation.
Decomposition. As if there are enough in the world.
Old and burnt. Time steals yet another. Gone forever?
Not quite forgotten, not quite remembered. Invisible.
Like washed-over footprints in the sand. Erased.
Never to return as exactly the same shape, yet to return.
In a new place. New depth. A phoenix to rise again.
Zoe Guillory's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thought by Zoe Guillory )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Sashay, Cee Bea
- Snakes are snakes always, gajanan mishra
- Sonnets Uncorseted, Maxine Kumin
- Sky, mina lotfi
- Where are my children, gajanan mishra
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka