Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubuisih
A Thirsty Song For Water(H20)
It is a true talk,
You and I know for ages long
That Faeces exits from the
end of the alimentary canal
And that; hunger streamlines in the gut
And it cooks with thunder and storm striking in My endo(stomach) .
But thirstiness comes like a pitiless ant that stings with no awareness
Before it is come.
It is come right in its point
So gently like a smooth vinegar,
That tells its taste right in the throat(oesophagus)
And I remember that;
You and I know this biological trend till We sign off to death!
And a cup of water is brought to Me,
And I project it up to My mouth
With My two eyes shining like stars
Then My thirst changes to hunger! ! .
Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubuisih's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thirsty Song For Water(H20) by Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubuisih )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(September 25, 1930 – May 10, 1999)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Suicide's Note, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Many Third-Classers, Bijay Kant Dubey
- As A Man, I Hate The Fanatic The Most, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Bapu, In Your Memory, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Mirth of William, James Merchant
- -Untitled- (2), Morgan Siegel
- The Short Ballad of Egg Boy, James Merchant
- Logic in Life, Jayatissa Liyanage
- - Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Lady Andrea on the meadowland, Giorgio A. V.
- Let Us Go for a Walk, Valsa George