A Thing Of Fear
When Spiders camouflage they can eat
In places where they don’t belong
Their silence propose a web of deceit
Beautiful thing arthropods air breathing.
Their maligned reputation identify fear
Buzzing in caves and combing the ground
Discrete creeper expert timing in magic lair,
Weave up and down realm without a sound.
Feared by most crawlies climbing up the wall
Being small unfairly treated by humans
The leathery covering distinguish them all
Nature adorns their elongated forms.
Before the day passes away too quickly
The philandering spider sees the bright world,
And want to reach the sky with the butterfly
Light the leathery lawn before night grows cold.
A dark thing of our fear we cannot ignore
They live in palaces mostly alone,
Look for them on streets corners and in the air
Weaving their cobwebs in homes made of stone.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thing Of Fear by Gerry Legister )
- Falling Doves, Joshua Chuhran
- The Simple Life, Nate Morris
- To touch a star is to be touch by the st.., Raymond Sawyer
- A Prayer For Self Identity, Maurice Harris
- throwing sticks at the stars, Mandolyn ...
- For the Love of Poetry, Sandra Feldman
- The stars that whisper the name Star Buc.., Raymond Sawyer
- The Universe Of True Love, Poetic Lilly Emery
- A Halloween Haiku, Thomas Koron
- What a lovely night to see a star., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- How to Write the Great American Indian N.., Sherman Alexie
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)