A Thing Of Fear
When Spiders camouflage they can eat
In places where they don’t belong
Their silence propose a web of deceit
Beautiful thing arthropods air breathing.
Their maligned reputation identify fear
Buzzing in caves and combing the ground
Discrete creeper expert timing in magic lair,
Weave up and down realm without a sound.
Feared by most crawlies climbing up the wall
Being small unfairly treated by humans
The leathery covering distinguish them all
Nature adorns their elongated forms.
Before the day passes away too quickly
The philandering spider sees the bright world,
And want to reach the sky with the butterfly
Light the leathery lawn before night grows cold.
A dark thing of our fear we cannot ignore
They live in palaces mostly alone,
Look for them on streets corners and in the air
Weaving their cobwebs in homes made of stone.
Gerry Legister's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Thing Of Fear by Gerry Legister )
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis
- Intimate Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- COPLA 107 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan