Exuberance so giddy make way for harsh reality of life,
Oh heart that followeth a dreamer of dreams,
A whisperer of things too lovely to embrace them not is impossible,
For my own creative juices flow forth as a river onfire.
Oh my heart what is your trouble? your worries? your fear....
I am pregneant from his words, his weave inside me, ever deep.
A miracle be born from my barren womb, speeding forth, born of iniquity
Brought forward, a newborn babe,
Wrap her in dignity, honor, loyalty, and strength.
She is a straight arrow in her daddys Quiver...
He protects her, as gold upon his finger, he seals his love for her.
Together, joined as one, they ward off strife... and division, it shall not survive,
For he has an arrow in his quiver, his back is covered with her strength,
Mercy, and grace steady his foot for the test,
On his head is the helmet which saves him,
His sword is piercing to the bone,
The trial long and fierce,
But he has an arrow in his quiver...
The watchman is keeping watch as time ticks by,
Minute by minute, hour by hour,
The Tested becomes the Tester,
Time be the test,
Tride and True be the Prized reward
for thier love.
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Test by Cambridge Keenan )
- दंङ आंहा कलम गंसे, Ronjoy Brahma
- Men are sexually cruel., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Decrepit, Adam Ruudiina
- NEELA NATH Opulent Poetess Extraordinair.., Mr. Nobody Nothing
- Not with tears, hasmukh amathalal
- Laziness, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Dreams or Dust?, Adam Ruudiina
- Shut up for good, gajanan mishra
- The Enemy, Jose Orozco
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)