A Teenager's Affection #2
the sky does not bound me, my love is the ever luminescent moon, stars will watch in envy, as their life expires too soon.
As the sky is blue and clouds of white, my love is present, in front of you, yet despite, the sky is ever watchful, envious to this day, hold my hand and walk with me, listen to what I have to say:
The seas roar in terror, the winds blow in might, fires extinguish themselves in fright. No force on earth could remove me from your gaze, for not even a thousand men could erase this love stricken craze. With all my heart, I pledge to you, for every dropp of water in the sea, for every cloud, big and small alike in the sky, our love with surpass them. My presence is only limited, bound by fate and thunder, I will carry our memories until the day I'm six feet under.
The eternal flame of love is real, correct me if I am wrong, but the feeling that burns inside, to the melody played in your head, played out in a song. I say what is true, in fact as real as me and you. So dance with me, and sing with me, in tune to this song of love, dance to its rhythm, it's tune if you like, and spark this night for me, for when the moon gives rise to the sun you see, my heart will still be yours, take a gamble, take a chance, spend another night beside me.
Drunk with love, yet sober as ever, realisation is at our grasp, believe what you want, but believe in me! For I will guide you through the dark, with our eyes blinded and our hearts alight! My heart is where you make your mark.
Mehdi Chith's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Teenager's Affection #2 by Mehdi Chith )
- What they say!, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Blue, david kush
- A Few Autumn Notes Late October 2014, Daniel Brick
- Ficticious, Nicholas Nikolov
- Love Is Weak, Tony Adah
- Behind the rock of suicide خلف صخرة الان.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The All-knowing God, Dr John Celes
- if i were a day, i'd say, Mandolyn ...
- In bed, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The real moments of truth anytime لحظات .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)