Is one who learns about life constantly.
Is one who keeps young by growing up again and again.
A teacher is one who knows nothing about the workings of life,
But he is able to rationalize each event of a life.
A teacher is usually looked up to,
But he never looks down.
A teacher learns as much as he teaches.
A teacher is a permanent student!
A teacher gives knowledge without reserve,
He gives himself and pieces of his life.
A teacher shows the way which he thinks is the best,
But he listens and is never afraid to try new ways.
A teacher leads,
But mostly he follows.
He shows his students how to lead,
And when they have learnt it well,
A teacher is a person.
Roshan Sabapathy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A teacher… by Roshan Sabapathy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- TRAITORS خونة - خائنين, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I Will Bathe My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- For what is my purpose?, The Princess
- Mother. Mother., beresford mitchell
- In the waiting room, Anna Garland
- THEY CAN NOT KILL THEIR WILL لايقدرون عل.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Haiku And Fruit, Kyle Schlicher
- Short Circuited To Ignite, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- waiting for Autumn, Frederick J.B. Moore II
- In Gratitude, Sandra Feldman