Is one who learns about life constantly.
Is one who keeps young by growing up again and again.
A teacher is one who knows nothing about the workings of life,
But he is able to rationalize each event of a life.
A teacher is usually looked up to,
But he never looks down.
A teacher learns as much as he teaches.
A teacher is a permanent student!
A teacher gives knowledge without reserve,
He gives himself and pieces of his life.
A teacher shows the way which he thinks is the best,
But he listens and is never afraid to try new ways.
A teacher leads,
But mostly he follows.
He shows his students how to lead,
And when they have learnt it well,
A teacher is a person.
Roshan Sabapathy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A teacher… by Roshan Sabapathy )
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Benhardi Dicka
- Canoeing, Doyen Lingua
- Like child, hasmukh amathalal
- Her Saturday Ritual, Arno Le Roux
- Loving Across Seasons, Arno Le Roux
- I wish to be earthen lamp, Aftab Alam
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
- Adaptation, maria sudibyo
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)