Is one who learns about life constantly.
Is one who keeps young by growing up again and again.
A teacher is one who knows nothing about the workings of life,
But he is able to rationalize each event of a life.
A teacher is usually looked up to,
But he never looks down.
A teacher learns as much as he teaches.
A teacher is a permanent student!
A teacher gives knowledge without reserve,
He gives himself and pieces of his life.
A teacher shows the way which he thinks is the best,
But he listens and is never afraid to try new ways.
A teacher leads,
But mostly he follows.
He shows his students how to lead,
And when they have learnt it well,
A teacher is a person.
Roshan Sabapathy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A teacher… by Roshan Sabapathy )
- Organized supports is a prison., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- No more pregnancy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Grace Me, Michael McParland
- 168., John Westlake
- The Stuff We Are Made Of., Tony Adah
- remembering the wedding Anniversary.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Fishing For An Appropriate Taste, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Let us not be, hasmukh amathalal
- Is Life?, Neela Nath
- Star Tree, douglas scotney
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)