A Tanka about an Endless Stream of Thens
the 4th tanka in the sequence, Politics/Poetics of Re-Homing
'to me, time is
an endless stream of thens'
I turn away
from this new Canadian
to avoid his gaze
Note: Based on the principles of progression and association employed in Japanese court poetry (for more information, see 'To the Lighthouse: Principles of Progression and Association in Tanka Sequences, ' http: //goo.gl/4a1nb) , Politics/Poetics of Re-Homing is first English language tanka sequence about diasporic experiences. In the sequence, I adopt an intersectional approach to exploring a wide range of issues related to immigration, English learning, racialized identity, racism, job seeking, colonization, acculturation, ...etc. You can read the whole sequence, http: //goo.gl/m9R9V
Poet Other Poems
- A Bittersweet Year of Travel, A Haiku Se...
- A Day at the Festival: A Haiku Sequence
- A Day in Her Shadowy Life for the New Po...
- A Dead Man Writing
- A Dedication To You, The Reader
- A Drunken Poem
- A Gendai Haiku About War
- A Haiku about a Deceased Friend
- A Haiku about a Drunk Poet on New Year's...
- A Haiku about a monarch butterfly
- A Haiku about Afghanistan's First Female...
- A Haiku About Anne Frank House
- A Haiku About Dark Thoughts
- A Haiku about Double Love Suicide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.