PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
A Sweet Dream...
Some sweet dreams are not like camphor.
Some really stay on even after sleep is gone.
One such dream is still very alive with me.
What a fabulous dream I dreamed, my friends!
My adorable Gurudev turned up and asked my wishes.
I was told to make just three wishes in three whispers.
The first one was that I may become a poet of thousands of hearts.
The second one was that I may not run into a very tight situation.
And the final one was that I may love my love the way I love now.
He quite quietly listened to them with his eyes fast shut
and hardly had I finished than he voiced, ' Amen; so be it'.
I believe His words at the heart of my hearts.
PARTHA SARATHI PAUL's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sweet Dream... by PARTHA SARATHI PAUL )
- What is Karma?, DOMINIC K V
- Flower Vendor, DOMINIC K V
- Winter´s Sunshine, Peter S. Quinn
- Another World, Bareerah Bilal
- I am so unfortunate, gajanan mishra
- Assign All Guilt, Margaret Alice Second
- Find everything, gajanan mishra
- Art Is My True Love, Rohit Sapra
- Give no title, hasmukh amathalal
- Pause, Don Tiedemann
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)