A Sunday Poem
The church attendance slightly down,
the rugby match has drawn the crowd,
my walk in Herbert Park is done.
The papers need some reading,
surely all these magazines are passe?
out suitable sections-
the green bin fills,
and from cafe shop on Morehampton
Road the bolognaise with spaghetti,
the ice cream tub, the biscuit,
and kitchen table Sunday lunch,
settling down to snooze,
the papers in a pile beside the chair,
the garden can't be done today,
its sunday- a day of rest,
no servile work.
then twitter beeps best wishes
to leinster from an aussie.
Bernard Kennedy's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sunday Poem by Bernard Kennedy )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- I Believe, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Peace - a means, gajanan mishra
- GOD'S LOVE, Tom Zart
- I am a woman, Komal Kapoor
- God! - th@ wE n0t, sEaN nOrTh