A Sudden Boom
A sudden boom
A moment’s pause —
A wondering where
Or what the cause
Then back about our chores.
The noise forgot —
The day is hot;
What thought have we for wars:
Until our loved one must depart;
Now it’s our family torn apart:
The strife now is our own.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sudden Boom by Adeline Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- On My Father's Yortsayt, Abraham Sutzkever
- The Bottom Line, Abraham Sutzkever
- Inside Me, Abraham Sutzkever
- नोँनि हाइनायाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Paris 1988, Abraham Sutzkever
- Remembrances Of Others, Abraham Sutzkever
- Everything But God, Anne Pierson Wiese
- All Night Long, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Tell Me, Anne Pierson Wiese
- Our Mentor (Acrostic Poem), Marvin Brato Sr