A Stroll In The Park
Give her a chance to rekindle their on and off romance,
With her love she keeps and weeps in her unruly heart,
Memories of turbulence and the way they used to dance,
Leading them into an uplifting trance,
She loved his supportive company.
Give her a chance to peel back the layers,
Of her anger at not feeling good enough,
Her jealousy at not being attractive enough,
Oh! enough of her chronic insecurities,
Eating her alive with such glee.
Like another person hiding between her mind and heart,
Ready to pounce,
Attacking instead of playing smart,
Jumble of broken emotions let out for the day,
Wild and kicking out and rolling in an uncontrollable way.
The surge of everchanging feelings had a lightning pace,
The result she was always last in lifes race,
He had tried to understand her complex divide,
Patience in abundance to give her a sense of pride,
Only to see she just wanted to die.
He was paying for her suffering,
He left to survive her unstable mind,
Like shifting sands even on dry land,
She was an enigma,
Combined with sweetness and truth.
Blackness of moods that jump and bounce,
Her love is fuelled driven by self hate,
Sticking a knife into her soul, that is her fate,
He stands alone keeping away from her fight
But she is never far from his inner sight.
A chance to change to rearrange her scarred mind,
With his love for her unselfish and kind,
Oh how he missed her funny ways,
He wanted to find the puzzles missing piece,
Allow her war to cease.
With moments to savour their incredible spark of attraction,
To let mature with grace and the end result, a win,
Like freeing a captive dove to fly,
To skies blue with white fluffy clouds,
With a rainbow of all colours in a wonderful arc,
At last holding hands as they stroll in a tranquil park.
Hazel Durham's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Stroll In The Park by Hazel Durham )
Did you read them?
- Your possession, hasmukh amathalal
- Powerful you are, hasmukh amathalal
- Hate me Not- -, Gexg Lalnuna
- Openly dare, hasmukh amathalal
- Rain On Me, Kewayne Wadley
- Timeless Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Charcoal Sketch, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- It's End, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Feisty seed of love, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Precious Corral Of your Heart, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(c. 600 BCE)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)