A Stranger Sang To Me
A stranger sang his song to me,
One night after darkness fell,
Taking me from a disturbing dream.....
I was dwelling in the halls of hell
This stranger sang his words of love,
And I wanted to hear more;
Standing in the shadows, I listened,
And slowly, I opened the door
In a quiet voice, he sang to me,
He touched my heart and soul;
While pity's tender anthem flowed,
His words of love took their toll,
I burn in the sun.... I warp in the rain,
I can't get back to the light;
He lost my soul, but kept my heart,
I'm lonely in the dark of night
Why is it that only this stranger
Can light love's tender fire....
Taking my heart to a peaceful shore....
While longing quenches its vain desire
Now, a nightbird sings high in the tree,
But that's not what I want to hear;
My dear stranger... deliver the notes
Of tenderness and love to my ear!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Stranger Sang To Me by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- True Love, Kyle Schlicher
- tell the N in your disorder... never mind, Mandolyn ...
- Flowers in wars., Chakshu Arora
- Today The Sun Is Shining, Kyle Schlicher
- THE PRETTY WATER الماء الرائع, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Dandelions In The Spring, Kyle Schlicher
- my chosen life, binod bastola
- Why I'm a Dodge Dart - Haiku, Nvisible 2Luv
- With A Rakhi To Tie The Small Behana Wai.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Persimmon Poem, Kyle Schlicher