Omar Osman Jabak
A Spider Friend
I thought we were friends, true to each other.
I thought he was more than my own brother.
He was very kind to me, and I was even kinder.
He helped me a little and I was a better helper.
But when he didn't benefit from me any longer.
He turned his back on me just like any stranger.
I felt betrayed, forsaken, and pain was greater.
I wondered how fast he turned into a hater!
I wondered how he lived as a fabricator!
His life was false and he was so big a faker!
He could've been a friend, a man, not a traitor!
I wondered why he chose to be a killer spider.
Those falling in the net took him for a liberator.
Those surviving it knew he was a terminator.
Omar Osman Jabak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Spider Friend by Omar Osman Jabak )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Clown in the Moon, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- THE PROXY, michael walkerjohn
- Soul and air, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Flowers, Clovisvaldo Marques Baleeiro
- My Poetic Existence, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Safety In Dreams, Is It Poetry
- Death defies planning., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Vanaprastha, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Broken vision, Lubinda Lubinda
- Two hands to kill, hasmukh amathalal
- With few bucks, hasmukh amathalal