A Special Love
I could live this time forever,
make seconds last like days.
I could spend eternity on your lips,
lose myself in your gaze.
Your arms could fold around me,
become my entire world.
I could forget all beyond our caress,
find freedom, loves sailed unfurled.
The seasons lose all meaning,
as does day and night.
Being with you is my heaven,
it feels natural, so right.
I can’t believe it coincidence,
that we should happen to meet.
It must have been destiny,
and one I am happy to greet.
I’ll hoist my colours to the mast,
wear my heart upon my sleeve.
For ours is a special love,
we’re lucky to receive.
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Special Love by Jojoba Mansell )
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Case Of Murder, Vernon Scannell
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- When Spring Goes By, Duncan Campbell Scott
- (955) Poverty (Acros.., Melvina Germain
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)