A Soul Like Mine
If I were to find a soul like mine,
Someone who thinks as I do,
Someone whose every step rhymes with mine.....
That's all I'd ask - my wants are few
How easy it would be to adore him,
I'd always know what to say;
All his thoughts would be like my own,
We'd be the same in every way
He'd hate injustice, hypocrisy as well,
The plight of the poor makes him cry;
Bigotry and prejudice find no place in his heart,
He shuns it all..... the same as I
O, to find a soul like mine,
Love would be plentiful and strong;
The strength of our love would carry us
When the day fails and the night is all wrong
We'd know how to comfort each other,
He'd love me unconditionally;
And when I see his poverty revealed,
I would bring him my charity
Where will I look for a soul like mine,
What foreign ground must I traverse;
Where should I look - does he even exist?
Perhaps....... in a parallel universe!
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Soul Like Mine by Lora Colon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Mother Culture's Lullbye - The Culling S.., Joseph DeMarco
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...