A Song of the Bride
For Christ my Savior, I will be waiting
And be still for my Most Beloved King;
I shall hope for His glorious coming
And I'll be steadfast, for He's returning!
All the day, all my thoughts are my Dearest
By night, in mind's the One in Highest
All that I've dreamed for is the Holiest
And all I longed for's my Love, the Might'yest.
Then I remember His love that saved me
And His loving-kindness that's set me free
I remember His mercy that cleansed me
And His charge-less grace that made me holy.
One day shall be filled my heart's longing
And fulfillment, in thirst, God will bring
My joy shall be whole in everlasting
For in that day, I shall see my Dear King.
How my heart longs for You, my Beloved
And how I thirst after You, O our Head!
How my soul pants for You, Most Exalted
And how I want You here, O Most Blessed!
So come, O Jesus Christ, my King - quickly -
For I am longing after You so deeply;
Come, Almighty my Beloved - quickly -
For after You, my Master, I'm thirsty!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song of the Bride by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Little Song, Bulat Okudzhava
- Exploring Inner Oceans, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Little Song About The Foot, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Song About Night Moscow, Bulat Okudzhava
- The Little Tin Soldier Of My Son, Bulat Okudzhava
- Flowers stay with me, S.D. TIWARI
- I Fancied The Muse, Bulat Okudzhava
- Involved In Earthly Zeal, Bulat Okudzhava
- We are stupidly bold!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Sword of silver, S.D. TIWARI