A Song of the Bride
For Christ my Savior, I will be waiting
And be still for my Most Beloved King;
I shall hope for His glorious coming
And I'll be steadfast, for He's returning!
All the day, all my thoughts are my Dearest
By night, in mind's the One in Highest
All that I've dreamed for is the Holiest
And all I longed for's my Love, the Might'yest.
Then I remember His love that saved me
And His loving-kindness that's set me free
I remember His mercy that cleansed me
And His charge-less grace that made me holy.
One day shall be filled my heart's longing
And fulfillment, in thirst, God will bring
My joy shall be whole in everlasting
For in that day, I shall see my Dear King.
How my heart longs for You, my Beloved
And how I thirst after You, O our Head!
How my soul pants for You, Most Exalted
And how I want You here, O Most Blessed!
So come, O Jesus Christ, my King - quickly -
For I am longing after You so deeply;
Come, Almighty my Beloved - quickly -
For after You, my Master, I'm thirsty!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song of the Bride by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- Democracies All Must Fail, Is It Poetry
- Conviction's Diatribe, michael walkerjohn
- Think right, hasmukh amathalal
- BYE! BYE! ! BYE! ! ! EBOLA! ! !, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- The Occident's Secession, michael walkerjohn
- One's Mind, michael walkerjohn
- Mind's Refuse, michael walkerjohn
- 6 is truly 9, michael walkerjohn
- Flowers!, rajendran muthiah
- Never feel alone, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley