A Song of the Bride
For Christ my Savior, I will be waiting
And be still for my Most Beloved King;
I shall hope for His glorious coming
And I'll be steadfast, for He's returning!
All the day, all my thoughts are my Dearest
By night, in mind's the One in Highest
All that I've dreamed for is the Holiest
And all I longed for's my Love, the Might'yest.
Then I remember His love that saved me
And His loving-kindness that's set me free
I remember His mercy that cleansed me
And His charge-less grace that made me holy.
One day shall be filled my heart's longing
And fulfillment, in thirst, God will bring
My joy shall be whole in everlasting
For in that day, I shall see my Dear King.
How my heart longs for You, my Beloved
And how I thirst after You, O our Head!
How my soul pants for You, Most Exalted
And how I want You here, O Most Blessed!
So come, O Jesus Christ, my King - quickly -
For I am longing after You so deeply;
Come, Almighty my Beloved - quickly -
For after You, my Master, I'm thirsty!
Yehoshua Shim'onai's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song of the Bride by Yehoshua Shim'onai )
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
- Sonnet: Life Looks Strange, Dr John Celes
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)