Soumita Sarkar Ray
A song lovelorn
My dear friend come close
have you got the courage?
to listen to my soulful song
promise me again not to over react
but keep your faith in love intact.
One day fine while strolling I saw
a bunch of vagabonds on road
Not much I cared though
when a pair of futile eyes followed me
they could do little to impress me.
This shadow had noticed niche
when I immerse in self
or laugh in amusing company
Integrity mine was guarded strong
to befall a havoc, a scratch too long.
Found me lone one lonely evening
imposing as a great venture
the ice was broken finally
Words collected to please were banal
but in action it was a sweet proposal.
True latent feeling flew with wings
as it was a matter colossal
the more I saw, the more I wished
to gaze at a mirror near
the blush of first love was dear.
Promises to meet we itched
and verses filled fragrant letter
were passed to bridge the gap
in unearthly joy our dreams flowed
aye! my senses at his touch glowed.
Had I paused for a while?
before offering everything
at the altar of his wanton desire
Had I thought for a while?
before falling flat at his beguile.
This lovelorn song I sing
to all whom I see and meet
not to shake your faith in love
My love-my strength-my divinity
How can you control others fidelity?
Soumita Sarkar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A song lovelorn by Soumita Sarkar Ray )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1644 - 1694)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1612 – 16 September 1672)
Dr John Celes
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Only the View, David Lewis Paget
- Out-of-body Experience, Colm Keenan
- Burqawali Bibi, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Gentle Soul, Joseph Narusiewicz
- He Watches over Me, Angela Khristin Brown
- A Modern Girl In The Make-Up, The Face A.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Your Day, abdulrazak aralimatti
- The Deeds of the Devil, Swetashree Sahoo
- Without Spending Money, He Is A Net Poet.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Destruction, Aftab Alam