Geetima Baruah Sarma
A Song for 'Melange'
Can I not sing a song
In appreciation for 'Melange'?
My journey started
With the magnificent magazine -
The issue on every Sunday,
On one fine day,
When I picked up the weekly,
Browsed the pages that
My eyes fell upon,
Read quite a few features,
Admired the beautiful compositions,
Usage of English language
And began to learn...
Facts about our motherland -
Culture, communities, civilization,
Little things about little ones,
Informative titbits, counselling tips,
Contributions of illustrious personalities,
Significance of festive proceedings.
My experience...'twas truly inspiring.
So, can I not sing a song
In praise of 'Melange'?
[Published: 7 November 2010 in 'melange' of 'The Sentinel']
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song for 'Melange' by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal
- Brain's Ocean, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Defamation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Horoscopes, gajanan mishra
- Lovely and pleasant, hasmukh amathalal