Geetima Baruah Sarma
A Song for 'Melange'
Can I not sing a song
In appreciation for 'Melange'?
My journey started
With the magnificent magazine -
The issue on every Sunday,
On one fine day,
When I picked up the weekly,
Browsed the pages that
My eyes fell upon,
Read quite a few features,
Admired the beautiful compositions,
Usage of English language
And began to learn...
Facts about our motherland -
Culture, communities, civilization,
Little things about little ones,
Informative titbits, counselling tips,
Contributions of illustrious personalities,
Significance of festive proceedings.
My experience...'twas truly inspiring.
So, can I not sing a song
In praise of 'Melange'?
[Published: 7 November 2010 in 'melange' of 'The Sentinel']
Geetima Baruah Sarma's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Song for 'Melange' by Geetima Baruah Sarma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost