A Soldier's Wife
A pain she alone feels
An image moves in the pupil,
It goes dark suddenly
Like sailor of a shipwreck night,
The noises of the war enters
Like wind into her ears.
People don’t glow in her blood
She lacks the breath of his words,
Someone like herself valuing love
Puff up life into her dumb thoughts
Hold her head tight on his chaste.
The war like smoke in the lungs
Lingers out strain in solitude,
The horizon is bent upon her
The sun a disgrace, the moon futile,
The spring brings windy nights
Like a tree she waits for flowers.
The fear like a hole in the heart
Grows vexing her as an unfed child,
She counts the moments fruitless
The war drinks up her blood as a witch,
People value not the little hearts
In pursuit of love and plague the wars..
Rajendra padhi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Soldier's Wife by Rajendra padhi )
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath
- Meeting Room 13, Edward Kofi Louis