Is It Poetry
......................A Soldier's Prayer
Stay with me near, O God.
This night is dark,
yours, my day grows colder, still.
O' god the little spark you lent to me, my courage
by your grace it ebbs from me'.
Today this day is long, my soul belongs to thee.
Red, to no one else, stay with me God.
Here when I am naught but weak.
You made me stronger still.
Stilled when I, again until it dies.
He answered heard
Patience, I am coming near.
Do you hear the marching of their feet?
So many trapped in thought, will you grow meek?
Inside out the great divide none but I, may hide.
The many secrets of thine brilliant eyes.
Bright light the stars you feel my warmth upon your face,
as I come near you stilled, don't cry.
Don't fear the face of whom he is, then said, I am.
Your Whisper Still
This little spark I am your gem by grace was lent to me.
Freely given back by me, to you.
You give again to some one else in need,
'perhaps to they, some other child.
I can hear the great black horse it's hooves sound near'!
yours is the face, I lived to fear to be, I see, the coming of the lord.
A world in need and now again I sleep once more until.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (......................A Soldier's Prayer by Is It Poetry )
Did you read them?
- A Bystander, Sibghatullah Khan
- A Leaf of Small Boat, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- Forget Forgive Focus Follow and have Fai.., Dimitri Jagodinski
- I Wrote Too Much, Shalom Freedman
- If You are Sad, Turn the Pages, Hebert Logerie
- Time Flies, Tony Adah
- The Troika's Gone, sasha yarlexolnikov
- I Am as Dull as Everyday, Sara Fielder
- Vendémiaire Wednesdays, sasha yarlexolnikov
- Incandescent Drapes, sasha yarlexolnikov