Is It Poetry
......................A Soldier's Prayer
Stay with me near, O God.
This night is dark,
yours, my day grows colder, still.
O' god the little spark you lent to me, my courage
by your grace it ebbs from me'.
Today this day is long, my soul belongs to thee.
Red, to no one else, stay with me God.
Here when I am naught but weak.
You made me stronger still.
Stilled when I, again until it dies.
He answered heard
Patience, I am coming near.
Do you hear the marching of their feet?
So many trapped in thought, will you grow meek?
Inside out the great divide none but I, may hide.
The many secrets of thine brilliant eyes.
Bright light the stars you feel my warmth upon your face,
as I come near you stilled, don't cry.
Don't fear the face of whom he is, then said, I am.
Your Whisper Still
This little spark I am your gem by grace was lent to me.
Freely given back by me, to you.
You give again to some one else in need,
'perhaps to they, some other child.
I can hear the great black horse it's hooves sound near'!
yours is the face, I lived to fear to be, I see, the coming of the lord.
A world in need and now again I sleep once more until.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (......................A Soldier's Prayer by Is It Poetry )
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(25 July 1956)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Thanks for Remembering Us, Dana Gioia
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- Gratefulness, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- Winter Festival Chant, Luo Zhihai
- A Humble Heroine, Max Plowman
- Dear Amy Nehzooukammyatootill, Aimee Nezhukumatathil
- I fear a foolish, gajanan mishra
- Cycle of life (German), Michelle Chvojka
- Bidinthani Raikhos, Swrji Basumatary
- Magic Of Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- Angw, Swrji Basumatary
- Brutality, gajanan mishra
- Blessings and mercy, hasmukh amathalal