a snapped kite...
She watches thousands of people smile and cry,
She observes thousands of unions and death,
Does she bother the birth of any flower or the wits?
She plays hide and seek all her life with empty crescent heart.
He burns as the soul of the human, when the nerves are lit,
The heat is intense, the switching of the nucleus,
Whirl wind dance, nine planets and their concubines are the audience,
When there is no sense, the feeling can’t be felt.
Cups of sensual hemlock always at the parlor,
Have to drink it once in a while to face the demise of the cells,
Take away these pains; I don’t want to feel it,
Every time it occurs, I am left as a snapped kite.
Hundreds of miles of walk to see the face of a friend,
Who waited for me all her simple energetic life,
Clean as the freshly weaved carpet, motionless on the grass,
Ten canine years are long, all these human fools console.
Let you have a great birth in your next life,
Be born as the pretty daughter to some childless couple,
Let them have the pleasure how clever, grateful and polite you are,
My little Tracy, it may take for me a few months to say you Good bye.
veeraiyah subbulakshmi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (a snapped kite... by veeraiyah subbulakshmi )
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- that smelly stuff that gets real and som.., Mandolyn ...
- The Rice Eaters, Tony Adah
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform