A Smile :)
If at times you feel you want to cry
I sometimes understand why.
Life seems such a trial
looking up there's a bright, blue sky.
So make your tears into a smile
With many ups and downs
Remember its quite true to say
A smile is worth no more frowns
Among the expensive things that you might have
A smile is very cheap.
when you give a smile away
You get one back to keep.
To show your Happiness that comes at times,
But your sadness comes unbidden.
Sometimes a few tears will fall
among the laughter hidden.
So when friend or friends have sadness on their face
the world will seem a better place, and all because you tried make them have a smile :)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Smile :) by Pam Fraser )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
- (Adi Sankara) 07 Sankara's works, Rajaram Ramachandran
- (Adi Sankara) 06 A Guru was found, Rajaram Ramachandran
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- She Came to Me, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life Begins Again, Md. Ziaul Haque
- A Good Soul, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Best Wishes My Love, Valentine Mbagu
- Relativity And Love, Sambanath Denis
- 2014, Joseph Archer
- For violating state law, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- De optelsom van al het Kwaad, Madrason writer
- Summer, Jordy lustig
- Once More, Ahmad Husain