A Smile :)
If at times you feel you want to cry
I sometimes understand why.
Life seems such a trial
looking up there's a bright, blue sky.
So make your tears into a smile
With many ups and downs
Remember its quite true to say
A smile is worth no more frowns
Among the expensive things that you might have
A smile is very cheap.
when you give a smile away
You get one back to keep.
To show your Happiness that comes at times,
But your sadness comes unbidden.
Sometimes a few tears will fall
among the laughter hidden.
So when friend or friends have sadness on their face
the world will seem a better place, and all because you tried make them have a smile :)
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Smile :) by Pam Fraser )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed
- The role of Kama, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- I Dream of Her, Olufayo Ezekiel
- I realized why we get hurt, Tiyani Shadrack Manganya
- That fatal day to all, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Love Note 10, Michael P. McParland
- Secularism in true sense, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Mark o Connor's ballad of a man from sno.., Juwon Daniel
- you need to know: (, Manauwer Raza