A Sister's Promise
My brother full of fire
Living life with wild desire
Why do I seem to be so often
The object of your Ire?
I'm not stupid and I'm not crazy
I'm not cruel and I'm not lazy
I'm confused, its all so hazy
Moving through the fog this way.
He is screaming at me now
But it's not at me, I know some how
He's screaming at those who hurt him
Those who beat him and deserted him
Those who abused and defiled him
I just want to heal his pain
I will not allow our Kinship to be slain
Over words misunderstood or said in vain.
But all I can do is cry
As his arrows they do fly
Into the heart of me.
The bond of our Kinship
Stronger than a fleeting friendship
Will sustain us through our insanity
Until we see that we are free.
Love will heal and reveal
Our true humanity.
Love is never having to say your sorry.
For the pain that you inflict.
One day the chain of pain will be broken.
Only loving words will then be spoken.
I'll be your loving sister
Unto the very end,
For the one who is my brother
And not just another
Lynne FincherSpringarden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sister's Promise by Lynne FincherSpringarden )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Got Lost in Your Eyes, Hebert Logerie
- Crawling Into Bed, Michael McParland
- Prime Truth - 95, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 94, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Whatever Happened?, Mark Kosek
- Prime Truth - 93, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Lacertilian Writers, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Painful Throbbing Tides, Michael McParland
- This World, Sandra Feldman
- Prime Truth - 92, Pranab K. Chakraborty