A Sip of Spring
I oft stood back and watched the gay rondel,
absorbed within the colors fast and deep;
and lost within a glass of muscatel,
I viewed the canvas lending eyes to weep.
When Venus blessed the dawn of newborn spring
and cherubs watched her soul from high above,
the Graces danced within a rondel ring,
expressing joy throughout their dance of love.
The death of winter brought them to the wood,
to gather ‘neath the canopy of spring,
rejoicing in the birth of maidenhood,
delighted Graces float within their ring.
Lost deep within this artistry divine,
I sighed and took another sip of wine.
Painting by: Sandros Botticelli, housed in main Gallery in Florence: The Primavera.
Amera Andersen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sip of Spring by Amera Andersen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Little Stick Figures, Margaret Alice Second
- Racquets in Two-More, douglas scotney
- Life is drizzling, Amit Mathur
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc