A Sip of Spring
I oft stood back and watched the gay rondel,
absorbed within the colors fast and deep;
and lost within a glass of muscatel,
I viewed the canvas lending eyes to weep.
When Venus blessed the dawn of newborn spring
and cherubs watched her soul from high above,
the Graces danced within a rondel ring,
expressing joy throughout their dance of love.
The death of winter brought them to the wood,
to gather ‘neath the canopy of spring,
rejoicing in the birth of maidenhood,
delighted Graces float within their ring.
Lost deep within this artistry divine,
I sighed and took another sip of wine.
Painting by: Sandros Botticelli, housed in main Gallery in Florence: The Primavera.
Amera Andersen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Sip of Spring by Amera Andersen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...
- Happy Birthday Son, Rowina M Mallick
- Why Do Turtles Cross The Road?, Darlene Walsh