A Simple Task
Just told you not to drop it,
o the merchant of Madrid!
My heart is made of glass,
it's fragile, care it did need.
Look, thousand scars it does have,
how could I repair?
It has broken in many parts,
its pain who can share!
Tattered and scattered
it has lost its pure charm,
still it can beat and pump,
without doing any harm.
A simple task, I wanna give,
if anyone can do.
Pick up the pieces and
join them, if your heart is true!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Simple Task by Neela Nath )
Did you read them?
- Seven That Second Hand Music (c) 2014, Richard Provencher
- keep slate clean, hasmukh amathalal
- The Holy Cross of Jesus Christ, Dr John Celes
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.31, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.30, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.29, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.28, Monk E. Biz
- A profession, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.27, Monk E. Biz
- 'Not mine', Elena Sandu
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- 01 And That's How It Is, Shaun Shane
- 02 tired of thought, Shaun Shane
- 03 a love who's just like me, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Udiah (witness to Yah)