A Simple Task
Just told you not to drop it,
o the merchant of Madrid!
My heart is made of glass,
it's fragile, care it did need.
Look, thousand scars it does have,
how could I repair?
It has broken in many parts,
its pain who can share!
Tattered and scattered
it has lost its pure charm,
still it can beat and pump,
without doing any harm.
A simple task, I wanna give,
if anyone can do.
Pick up the pieces and
join them, if your heart is true!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Simple Task by Neela Nath )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- January’s Sad Refrain, Teresa Dearing
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- And so why, Luv Artem
- Riddle Poem-4, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Spring in the Holy Land, Nero CaroZiv
- A Man Of Different Charectarestics, Musa Ndhlovu
- Ever Hike in Hope, Pintu Mahakul
- The Past, Eugene Latumbo
- Lovely Hand, Pintu Mahakul
- There you are, Cee Bea
- Memories:, Gaurav Pandey
- Loneliness, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan