A Simile (Pirouette)
A simile saved me.
It jetted across sky
It dived the deepest sea
It climbed a mountain face
Only to rescue me.
Only to rescue me
A simile sang songs
And danced all night long.
When I was so burdened,
It took the weight from me.
Copyright © 2010 Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Simile (Pirouette) by Leslie Alexis )
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla