A Simile (Pirouette)
A simile saved me.
It jetted across sky
It dived the deepest sea
It climbed a mountain face
Only to rescue me.
Only to rescue me
A simile sang songs
And danced all night long.
When I was so burdened,
It took the weight from me.
Copyright © 2010 Leslie Alexis
Leslie Alexis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Simile (Pirouette) by Leslie Alexis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- "Twist these Big Tits Purple", Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -66, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stories Are Created, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- When Fresh Fish Fails, Richard Thripp
- center, laxami Cards
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -65, Ronjoy Brahma
- Im sorry mom, claudia Fernandez
- Witless Innocence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Sitters And Their Dreams, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- There Is Nothing I Can Do, Lawrence S. Pertillar