A Silly Poem
Oh, how I love to write a silly poem,
one without content or rhyme:
to let my mind wander,
my thoughts meander,
switching freely at random
between reality and dream,
I shall break the habit of a lifetime
and indulge myself in the meantime
in a poem that sounds like gibberish
with content worthless as rubbish.
This will make me happy indeed,
it might even plant the seed
of a new trend in poetry,
one without symmetry,
where words are picked by a lottery
and verses bereft of an apostrophe.
As for a punctuation mark,
don’t make me laugh, it is a lark
to think that one needs to write
using such an old-fashioned art.
So I embark on my adventure,
put pen to paper, and shudder.
What madness has come over me?
What possible reason there can be
for being silly with poetry?
It is, indeed, a blasphemy!
So, I put down my pen,
but was tempted to try again.
Alas! The Muse had left me;
I felt abandoned, lost at sea.
Perhaps it is time to call it a day
and revert to my old-fashioned way.
But I haven’t given up hope,
Perhaps one day I will cope
and write a poem that will amuse
without any help from the Muse.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Silly Poem by Isam Hussain )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- In Just One Week They Said That You Were.., mary douglas
- Bible Thumpers and Fuzzy Bumpers, Monk E. Biz
- The Greatness of Ascetics(Section 3 of T.., rajendran muthiah
- It came like a storm, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- please don't take her, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Car Lights (Haiku), Jesus James Llorico
- Expression Eruption: Alcohol, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Death please came and take me, tsholofelo phakathi
- The Ph.D. Guide & The Girl Scholar (A Lo.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- And Were You Dreaming In The Licorice Ni.., mary douglas