A Silly Poem
Oh, how I love to write a silly poem,
one without content or rhyme:
to let my mind wander,
my thoughts meander,
switching freely at random
between reality and dream,
I shall break the habit of a lifetime
and indulge myself in the meantime
in a poem that sounds like gibberish
with content worthless as rubbish.
This will make me happy indeed,
it might even plant the seed
of a new trend in poetry,
one without symmetry,
where words are picked by a lottery
and verses bereft of an apostrophe.
As for a punctuation mark,
don’t make me laugh, it is a lark
to think that one needs to write
using such an old-fashioned art.
So I embark on my adventure,
put pen to paper, and shudder.
What madness has come over me?
What possible reason there can be
for being silly with poetry?
It is, indeed, a blasphemy!
So, I put down my pen,
but was tempted to try again.
Alas! The Muse had left me;
I felt abandoned, lost at sea.
Perhaps it is time to call it a day
and revert to my old-fashioned way.
But I haven’t given up hope,
Perhaps one day I will cope
and write a poem that will amuse
without any help from the Muse.
Isam Hussain's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Silly Poem by Isam Hussain )
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)