A Shore Upon Blood
...Crimson shades belittle the tone...
As I stand I feel... erased.
erased from mind.
Like a thought...
...The gentle waves caress my toes...
I stare out into the horizon.
a dimming feeling...
...The soft sand beneath my feet...
I stand forever still.
Like an old sentinel.
From an innumerable time.
The sands of time spilling over me.
A numbing touch...
...A cool breeze chills the flesh...
Rushing waves become reminiscent.
Of a long time... an age of power.
But now... an ill of abstraction...
...I have dwelled for an ever long time...
Who am I?
I am your prospective future.
An age old reminder of your strength.
I am what remains of our glorious splendour.
I am the remnants of mankind... our long reign.
But now simply put... Forgotten...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Shore Upon Blood by Morgan Siegel )
- Haiku# Life-6, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Swollen Heart, Ronald Chapman
- Riddle poem-2, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- silly room moms drinking starbucks, Mandolyn ...
- Be a man, devon da poet
- Bright Star, JJ Evendon
- O lord Jesus, I've dragged your name in .., devon da poet
- Recession to Poverty, Roger Bussey
- Our Life, Roger Bussey
- Iconography, Frank Avon
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscience, Henry David Thoreau
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)