A Shore Upon Blood
...Crimson shades belittle the tone...
As I stand I feel... erased.
erased from mind.
Like a thought...
...The gentle waves caress my toes...
I stare out into the horizon.
a dimming feeling...
...The soft sand beneath my feet...
I stand forever still.
Like an old sentinel.
From an innumerable time.
The sands of time spilling over me.
A numbing touch...
...A cool breeze chills the flesh...
Rushing waves become reminiscent.
Of a long time... an age of power.
But now... an ill of abstraction...
...I have dwelled for an ever long time...
Who am I?
I am your prospective future.
An age old reminder of your strength.
I am what remains of our glorious splendour.
I am the remnants of mankind... our long reign.
But now simply put... Forgotten...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Shore Upon Blood by Morgan Siegel )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- The Soul And The Spirit Of The Race, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- my pair of pretty is all grown up, Mandolyn ...
- A Short Poem, Toshie Nohara
- The Lane, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The gift, John F. McCullagh
- Metamorphosis, Patricia Grantham
- affix me to your infinity, Mandolyn ...
- One Entire Little Puzzle, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Young people, hasmukh amathalal
- The lesson, Asit Kumar Sanyal