A Shore Upon Blood
...Crimson shades belittle the tone...
As I stand I feel... erased.
erased from mind.
Like a thought...
...The gentle waves caress my toes...
I stare out into the horizon.
a dimming feeling...
...The soft sand beneath my feet...
I stand forever still.
Like an old sentinel.
From an innumerable time.
The sands of time spilling over me.
A numbing touch...
...A cool breeze chills the flesh...
Rushing waves become reminiscent.
Of a long time... an age of power.
But now... an ill of abstraction...
...I have dwelled for an ever long time...
Who am I?
I am your prospective future.
An age old reminder of your strength.
I am what remains of our glorious splendour.
I am the remnants of mankind... our long reign.
But now simply put... Forgotten...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Shore Upon Blood by Morgan Siegel )
- Pohela Boishakh [Bangla New Year], Md. Ziaul Haque
- Till We Meet Again, Arno Le Roux
- The CPI(M) District Secretary, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Being Humane!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- You Can Change The World With A Smile, Pushkar Bisht
- Lines Inscribed in a Lady's Pocket Alman.., Robert Burns
- Epitaph on the same, Robert Burns
- Place Identities., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The Way We Are......, Garima Trivedi
- Living A Gift....., Garima Trivedi
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)