Aided by the cane; rose he anon,
He limps as he tramped on,
Deck he a gray kerchief on his neck,
Marred with crimson speck.
A leather pouch on one shoulder,
A water jar hung across the other.
With a hat worn out & boots ridden with holes
He treads on, seeking the unknown goals
As a youth he blazed a different trace,
In an unsafe world, sought he a safe place.
Traversed all sphere in the quest,
Search for a nest to rest.
The solace he sought him evades
Elusive for many decades, his strength fades
Yet he persistently sought the unknown trail,
Many huddles crossed to no avail.
With a broken body & aching heart
He deserts his probe torn apart,
By the pursuit in an untruthful realm of truths
Which remain elusive to all truth sleuths.
Jettisoned all he had to go after the chase,
He returned broken, beat and hope efface
But to the embers of hope he cleft
Starving for the unknown more than he left.
He seeks the Truth...that,
Is a smoke, a vapor,
A Mist, an illusion;
Ab incunabulis had He chased it,
But never had he touched
The hem of its garment.
But bond himself with an oath,
Come what may, to seek the truth
But how can this be,
When what he sought he knew not?
There are many without blot
By the same sworn, and nothing but death
Can do them part, from that which they seek
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Seeker by Dave BenOdafe )
- Gods And Man, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- From 'Emancipation Of Women', Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- In Verona, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- In An Album, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- First Day of the Year, Translation of Pi.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- A coup failed, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Mature Laurel, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- We all Mourn, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Small Circle, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
- The Past, Cyprian Kamil Norwid
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 45 Mercy Street, Anne Sexton
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(October 27, 1932 – February 11, 1963)