Aided by the cane; rose he anon,
He limps as he tramped on,
Deck he a gray kerchief on his neck,
Marred with crimson speck.
A leather pouch on one shoulder,
A water jar hung across the other.
With a hat worn out & boots ridden with holes
He treads on, seeking the unknown goals
As a youth he blazed a different trace,
In an unsafe world, sought he a safe place.
Traversed all sphere in the quest,
Search for a nest to rest.
The solace he sought him evades
Elusive for many decades, his strength fades
Yet he persistently sought the unknown trail,
Many huddles crossed to no avail.
With a broken body & aching heart
He deserts his probe torn apart,
By the pursuit in an untruthful realm of truths
Which remain elusive to all truth sleuths.
Jettisoned all he had to go after the chase,
He returned broken, beat and hope efface
But to the embers of hope he cleft
Starving for the unknown more than he left.
He seeks the Truth...that,
Is a smoke, a vapor,
A Mist, an illusion;
Ab incunabulis had He chased it,
But never had he touched
The hem of its garment.
But bond himself with an oath,
Come what may, to seek the truth
But how can this be,
When what he sought he knew not?
There are many without blot
By the same sworn, and nothing but death
Can do them part, from that which they seek
Dave BenOdafe's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Seeker by Dave BenOdafe )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Liliana EL.
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- My Heart's In The Highlands, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- Chaos Call, Arik Fletcher
- upon new year's, Ivana Valasik
- Double Jeopardy, David Lewis Paget
- Mining artwork narratives from Sydney Bi.., Danny Draper
- I want to change the language, Danny Draper
- Conference confinement, Danny Draper
- Lunch in the Art Gallery of NSW members .., Danny Draper
- Vulnerability, Valsa George
- Arbitrary (an acronym for beaurocracy), Danny Draper
- The Great Avarice Belief, Danny Draper